Wednesday 11 August 2010

Getting my life back.

Don't get me wrong... I have LOVED having my son home this past 18 months and home educating him. It has done him the world of good and has certainly made us closer.

But...

...it will be so nice once September arrives and he starts High School. I will finally have my days to myself again and can GET SOME WRITING DONE!! I truly did not appreciate just how much time I had before. As with so many things in life, you do not value what you have until it is gone.

A whole working day. To myself. Five days a week. I am giddy with excitement. =D

I've been busy recently. I submitted the script for 'After Dark' to the Red Planet Pictures competition. I don't think it will get anywhere, but at least I have sent something. I also sent a synopsis for the newly named 'Intermission' to Island Pictures.

I rewrote the begining of my novel, 'In the Blood'. I cut five pages from chapter one and made it a prologue instead. It is faster paced now and more appropriate for the intended teenage market. Now that the above competition entry and synopsis are complete I can get back to finishing this book.

I'm enjoying writing. Just wish someone would actually pay me to do it....

No comments:

Post a Comment