Thursday 16 December 2010

Carpe Diem

I am, as Xander Harris once said, 'seizing the fish.'

My website is now up! Please take a look if you are searching for an unusual gift.  I'm trying to update it weekly and add more products to the shop. Every item is handcrafted by me and most are 'one of a kinds'. I also take commissions. More items due to be listed later today.  http://www.goblinmoon.co.uk/

The winner of the Red Planet Prize is announced this month. I'm nervously awaiting the result. I could really use the prize money, but more importantly the winner also receives a commission.

Good news in the world of scripts... Island Pictures pitched me to the BBC as a 'new writer' back in September. The BBC liked my script and agreed to read a second one. I was recently informed that the second script went down well, and that it has been fwd to BBC Wales with a recommendation that I write for Merlin.

Me. Writing for Merlin! Dream come true, baby! Aside from the fact that Merlin is an action/fantasy series (my genre), it also stars three of my favourite actors, namely Anthony Stewart Head, John Hurt and Richard Wilson. How amazing to write lines for them!

My agent is supposed to be trying to arrange a meeting with BBC Wales, but I have yet to hear back from him. I don't really want to let it run over Christmas incase I get forgotten in the festive lull. Must phone him again...

I am also waiting to hear back from Steven Moffat regarding the script that I sent to him a few months ago. So it seems that I am destined to spend most of December waiting for responses/decisions on my scripts. I loathe this part. I truly do. The butterflies in my stomach feel more like pterodactyls right now!

But... it's all good. I have opportunities. That's gotta be a plus. =)

I have also started to learn the Italian language this week. My kids laugh at me as I repeat phrases while cooking the evening meal... but who cares? I'm learning a new skill and doing something that I enjoy.

Why Italian? Well, I went to see the movie 'Eat. Pray. Love' in the summer. It is supposed to be a 'life changing' movie, but all it really did was make me want to eat ice cream and speak Italian. So a couple of days ago I ordered a copy of SmartItalian from Amazon.

I'm hoping that - by the time I am fluent - I'll have landed a job and can take my family to Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment