Tuesday 15 June 2010

Mars Attacks

Red Planet Pictures have just launched their 2010 writing competition.

I'm excited.

Very.  Excited.

This year they are looking for a one hour drama or tv pilot. I have a lot of tv pilots. Tons, in fact. Off the top of my head I can think of Demonheart, Henge, After Dark, Phantasmagoria, Sweet Enchantment...

Not all of these are completed scripts, but Red Planet are only asking for the first ten pages initially. No problem at all.

Here are the details:

This year’s competition is for an original 60 minute television script, either a single play or a pilot for a new series. You are initially required to submit the first ten pages along with a short synopsis. The full script should be available on request, you may be required to submit this within a month of the final closing date.

As before, the winner will receive £5000, a script commission and the option of representation if required.
 Red Planet and Kudos will also mentor finalists for the Prize.The competition is open to anyone within the UK. The RED PLANET PRIZE will close to new entrants at midnight on 31st July.

31st July. I have some writing to do.....

As if that wasn't enough, the Peter Ustinov competition this year is for a half hour tv show. I just happen to be working on one called The Bad Apple.

There is a monumental gift horse standing in front of me and I am determined not to look the sucker in the mouth.

Happy Tuesday everyone. I'm off to buy some candles that I can burn at both ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment